Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Drive.

It was one of those moments, fast, sudden and just a boost of adrenaline… A want turned need, something so spontaneous and out of the blue.

An impulse.

I know, I am never a stranger to that kind of random idealism nor does it make me a commoner to such that it becomes my nature.

And there I was, half overjoyed the other frantic for what consequences lays on thereafter but my mind was set, I pushed the gas and off I go, the sweet smell of freshly dug soil was everywhere, the wind a rustle to my hair as if physics were to explain aerodynamics I’d be in a very scientific ride. I looked at the gas meter, finding myself close to nothing but I said, what gives. As I drove on, all these thoughts play like music in a broken radio, these tunes coming in every differed note at different bars and pitch, I chose to lay silent, to not make any sound only the open car window and the empty passenger seat beside was my company, thoughts reeling in my head and realizations smothering me.

I reached the place I wanted to be. The place which I gave grown fond with. That place where I welcome those I love and at the same time hate to be when they say goodbye.

The smell of greens everywhere hides the black asphalt that serves its purpose; the sweet serenade of the howling wind covers the emotions every person in that place felt. The airport was busy yet there was a rather soulful silence or was it just me exaggerating the situation I am in. I stopped and stared at the view, the day was almost over the sky painted in orange, the sky clears of cirrus streaks and at that moment I succumbed to nostalgia. I wondered, mind, body, heart and soul… I was lost in the view yet somehow knowing I was intact to feel the breeze, to smell the soil, to listen to the leaves and see life.

I was waiting for a plane to land or even take-off but I guess was not on schedule, instead I sat back and felt the brashness of where I was at that time. I breathed in and released tension.
By now, I have grown weary not because I might find myself in trouble when I get home but I felt the stare of common folks by the gates of the airport wondering what this random black car is doing outside the airport!? With the occupant barely dressed in tank top and an overly worn out pair of shorts, say I was kind of very suspicious looking. So, I went back in and drove the hell out of the premises, I was kind of standing and moving back and forth, in and out of the car for some close of 15 minutes maybe that’s why I raise the suspicion.

As I swerved and turned my way home, it hit me, that in life taking chances really is scary, that impulse is both exhilarating and also panic-worthy, you may find yourself torn between what is easy and the one that is hard. After all, it is your choice.

I wish I was that brave. I wish.

In all, I came home with my mom and brother already there just in time before they closed the garage gate, they asked where I was, being the good actor (not always) and as carefree as one word I made my way back in. I was smiling and thoughtful too of all the new things and issues that dawned on me, things I have yet to settle with, links I have to strengthen, bonds to break and habits to change and some to nurture.

It was a good drive. An unintelligent yet enlightening urge of being impetuous.


Until the next drive of chance.

P.S.
Guess, I’m back to blogging. It is good to be back! J

No comments: