Wednesday, November 3, 2010

6 Days, 5 Nights: Pools & Baby-sitting

I had the opulence of sleeping a little late and waking up a little later the morning of our last. My laundry clothes are up to a maximum and I’m off to my last pair of decent clothes. No dolphin watching as planned with the aforementioned itinerary but the day has to end on a trip to the pool for the kids begged to ask for one trip to the embrace of the waters. Ending up with my own dilemma and responsibility at the same time as the adults went off to their city jaunts and appointments with the pier authorities to settle some business for the planned ship transport we will be takin’ to home.

My day started with what s’pose to be a good pool side typing only to later on tire my throat into nagging toddlers of all kinds.

The restaurant/pool side looks fine. It was comforting, the view surrounding the pool green of the previous day’s rain, the coconut tree basking the grounds with shade and the plants all around in full beauty.

There were no occupants in the resort but us. The entire place silent, sunny and a little too homey, I strolled the place like the way I used to do in every place I get to visit and oh, well… the picture-taking keeps on coming.

I loved the place and how it is built and how it was designed. The pool, elevated on a small mound, developed in quite a style with a man-made water fall with large palm-like plants beside it. The water just keep on flowing, separated in two depths of pools; one for the kids and the other for adults, in all, the area was all fine indeed.

I thought I’ll never jump in with the lot but I was totally wrong, the water is so enticing for some reason I couldn’t bear.

I’ve thought then, that treading in fresh water is hard indeed. Fresh water focuses on more weight stress than in salt water. I’ve also observed that I can have 60 seconds without air under salt water than being on fresh water. Must’ve been the pressure contained in fresh water reacting on the human body compacted in air. Or perhaps, it happens vice versa on salt water where buoyancy decreases on the pressure exerted by the body as the surface area decreases on reaction to the total weight of the human body-----I don’t know how I came up with this timorous explanation but I guess that’s how my mind works and incessantly I do not have the thought of how am I doing it.


The day ended with a small trip to the mall with all of us buying shirts for tomorrow’s using and despondently I still don’t have the scarf as a souvenir, I really hope that we get to see a souvenir shop tomorrow.

Oh, well… our last night. Fun day.

No comments: