Wednesday, November 3, 2010

6 Days, 5 Nights: Homebound

The wee hour?! Who would’ve expected to wake up exactly at the wee hour just to arrive at the port a little too early?!?

That was our wakeup call a couple of hours ago as our eternal slumber suddenly halted. Fixin’ ourselves clumsily, stretching those arms, bending those legs and curling our bodies hesitantly. We drove with only nothing but our empty bowels, drifting to few naps to the port.

Arriving just in time to sleep more. The place was dark. Not even a single light on the pier. How’s that?! I sat myself inside the car and to recover some few winks shorn out from me. Waking up minutes later as few streaks of sunlight glazed the Bohol skies, I can’t believe we’re leaving this outlandish beauty, a haven of sea admirers and beach hunters. Aficionados like me. We left docked with so many pictures to take at half past 6:00am and braved the wide barren blue once more, the same passage we had 2 days ago.


The great blue is quite composed more than its behavior 2 days ago. And the trip as I may presume, is a bit too fast perhaps this is the feeling of going home when all one can think of is rest, relaxation beyond measure of time and an unending bliss of naps to soothe our beaten out bodies from this unprecedented 6 days & 5 nights trip.


Still no dolphins!

Few treats came along the great blue passage trip. Fishes of one sort caught my attention. They jump from the water and somehow fly across the water surface… I’m not new to this kind of fishes but in some way it made me think on how it should be called. Many of us know Flying Fishes, right!? We know that they fly but I think all Ocean books and Fish books should do more than just define correctly what these fishes are. They don’t fly! They bloody glide! They don’t have wings but fins with a span of such likeness that when they leap from the depths of the great blue and reach the surface they appear like flying but in fact, they glide above the surface as they stretch out their wide fins to achieve a gliding stride of a few feet above the water level. I think children should know what glide is from flying, misinformation is no joke. Anyways, I just love to talk about some simple things and complicate it a bit but seriously, I think they should change it.

Still no dolphins!


We are now crossing Bohol to Cebu and a few more hours later we will be crossing Cebu to Negros Oriental and a long drive home back to Negros Occidental. I love this trip. We may not have planned for this but the entire experience was expensive, tiring but ultimately WORTH it.

I really hope I can go back here. Maybe not with my family or with some friends but whoever I’ll be with, I would surely want to go back here. I have the world to explore and a lifetime is so not enough. I just hope I could stay a little more to enjoy this unbelievable magic carpet ride.


Still no dolphins!

No comments: