Sunday, February 5, 2012

L'enfant. Son sourire. Un délice littéraire.


I took my grand mom with me to mass this morning, we were off at half past 10:00am and I was having quite an annoying war with my sniffles as for the whole christened celebration I was fighting the fact that sooner or later my nose would drip with some wet goo from the bowels of my nose.






I was all ears for the priest’s message when a group of mothers came by behind me looking for a seat since none are found around. I took my own and offered it, she was young, skinny but her features seems to disagree quite for her age, she was in her early 30’s, a close form of lumpy belly surrounds her a bit but not too frail to be called fat, she thanked me for the seat and offered it to another woman, a little older than her as so with her looks, I’ll fight off a good age that she’d be hitting later on 30’s too for some consolation.


I’d assume, it were the fair lady’s kids they were both carrying. I never paid much attention at them even they were behind me mumbling over the little girl to behave herself far older than two being cuddled; I was smiling as they try to hush her down. I was on the mass when this tugging came to me… and there it was, the cute baby girl the fair lady was carrying was doing doodle-ish stuff on my pants making it look like she was yanking at it. I looked at her and she was more delighted into doing what she enjoys than minding off what it may be affecting me. All I can do was just smile.


It struck me quick. I don’t what hit me. But seeing that child was more of something than actually having one. There was a simple joy in her smile, something that many of us barely even knew now, some of us may still have a trace of that kind of innocence somehow it gets lost amongst the clutter of age and maturity. A gentle yet contending smile that little baby girl has.



I don’t how to either put an end to this entry or just exemplify the thought of starting it, the thing is, that baby girl struck me with what innocence she has, the fullness of it all, spontaneous, unbound and pure. Something that made me think… something that was for my own joy to appreciate such infantile perfection.

No comments: