Wednesday, November 3, 2010

6 Days, 5 Nights: A Treat

‘Twas a fine trip starting at the peaks of the mountain, to the lowlands of the valley and ‘til the gales of the sea… the panorama was all I could thank while drivin’ and sittin’ for most of the time. Jerking, fiddling, moving about my seat, avoid butt-lag (new word definition when your arse starts to burn in heat… I guessJ) and getting discomfy for the entire trip thought I was able to doodle some stuff for blog-purposes when the untimely ‘BOREDOM’ came about and slowly devoured me… good thing the laptop was with me.

It was the LONGest trip I’ve ever missed, the kind of road trip my family used to have.  Yeah, I know the thought came across me as we passed by town to another town expecting that we have arrived to our destination, “Are we there yet??” was the common phrase and it haunted my mind too… that phrase would just be an excuse to waiting expectantly. But the sceneries are just too enticing to sneak an eyelid and denying my eyes the ecstasy of not seeing the beauty that is-----the Sea.

We arrived at mid day… hungry, distraught and homeless. We had a hefty meal for a late lunch at 2pm, went crazy roaming the city of whatever place we could crash in for the night, only to find our sanctuary at some place undue for COMFORT but acceptable. It was a cute and dainty place, we have our room almost 7 feet above the ground, hanging on a tree and facing the vast extent of the strait.

I indulged on it. I LOVEd it, just for the record. Considerably, it was simple, unLUXURY-ious beyond low than a Star-worth but it was cozy. 10 people have to share a room fit for one. A laugh to have, right?!? There was nothing neither good nor bad about the place, but the view from above is just spectacular. It was a writer’s haven, I think. I find it all worth the time to write about something worth my satisfaction. Something I can say, “…suffice to say.” An author’s paradigm of simple pleasures I graced myself to pander unto.

Just an hour and a half ago, I went by the parting coast, as the waves crashed to the shores. My feet needed all the relaxation it hungered after all the sittin’ and the numbin’ on my seat. And as my toes touched the cool embrace of the sea, there was nothing more exhilarating and so did everything else followed… a few dips that ended to all of me being soothed from outside to the very core. The salt trickled from my eyes up to my waiting lips, FRESH, COLD and TANGy.
From afar, the lightning danced just over the islands across the barren desert of blue. Waving few streaks of flashy whites, bolts of energy and thrilling innervations-----Classic, peculiar… Beautiful.

As I went by with this self-absorbed, glut-ful spoils a significant dose of sugars in my mouth was appropriate for a lengthened produce such as this piece.


Sleep leisurely pried on me, whispering through my ears with the tease of the cool whiff from the gales nearby. Seducing my eyes to droop, and eventually close but I told the remaining pathetic part of my mind to stay on and finish this insensible immoderation. Asking to just let me stay a little more and say a formal and decent end.


There was no civility on this bit but the premise of saying what befits such.

No comments: